“Songs of a Little Child’s Day”
Introducing dotted quarter and dotted eighth notes.
- Grade: First
- Origin: Emilie Poulsson, Eleanor Smith
- Key: E Flat Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: through composed
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ti ti ti ti | ta ti ti | ta/ ti |
| ti/ ri ti ti |
- Pitches: intermediate: Do Re Mi Fa So La Do – adding Fa to the pentatonic scale
- Intervals: intermediate: Do/Do8, Do8\Mi, Re/Fa, Fa/La
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, dotted eighth, eighth, sixteenth; through composed, pickup beat, tempo: allegretto/moderately fast (98–109 BPM)
- Key Words: character education, manners, helping hands, brings, slippers, shuts, grandma, bit, noise, errands, scampers, up, down, vows, town; possessives: father’s, baby’s
|He/She brings his/her father’s slippers,
Picks up the baby’s toys;
He/She shuts the door for Grandma
Without a bit of noise.
|On errands for his/her mother,
He/She scampers up and down;
He/She vows he/she would not change him/her
For all the boys/girls in town!
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)