Experience phrases ending on the fifth (So), the sixth (La),
and the tonic (Do) each pitch appears
15, 13, and 17 times respectively.
- Grade: Third
- Origin: England – Play Song
- Key: F Major
- Time: 4/4
- Form: rhythm: ABCA – pitches: ABCD
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta ta ta ta | ta/a (ta) ta |
| ti ti ta ta ti ti | ti ti ta ta ta | ta ta ti ti ta |
| ta/a (ta) ti ti | ta/a/a ta |
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Do Re Mi So La – pentatonic scale
- Intervals: intermediate: Do/Mi, Do\La/Do, Do\So, So/Do/Mi ascending tonic arpeggio, Mi/So\Mi, Mi/La\Mi So\Do
- Musical Elements: notes: half, quarter, eighth; rest: quarter; pickup beat, comparing rhythms by staff (ABCDEDAB), experiencing phrase ending on the 6th, 5th, and the tonic.
- Key Words: farm life, dog, man’s best friend, chicks, chickens, chased, crack, fence; contraction: they’d (they would)
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)