Feeling 2 beats in 6/8 time, changing rhythms to match syllables in each verse, and learning the days of the week.
- Grade: First
- Origin: Traditional English Game Song
- Key: F Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: ABAC
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ti ti ti ta ti |syncopation,
| ta ti ta/ | syncopation, | ta ti ta ti | ta/ ta/ |
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Ti Do Re Mi So
- Intervals: intermediate: Do/Mi/So ascending tonic arpeggio (I, F), So\Mi\Do descending tonic arpeggio (I, F), Re\Ti\So descending dominate arpeggio (V, C), So/Do, Re\So
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; common ending: 5-6-7-1, So-La-Ti-Do, vocal slur
- Key Words: sacred, days of the week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, play song, mulberry bush, daily chores, washing clothes, ironing clothes, mending clothes, sweep, scrub, bake bread, church
Here we go round the mulberry bush,
This is the way we wash our clothes,
|3.||This is the way we iron our clothes,
iron our clothes, iron our clothes.
This is the way we iron our clothes,
So early Tuesday morning.
|4.||This is the way we mend our clothes,
mend our clothes, mend our clothes.
This is the way we mend our clothes,
So early Wednesday morning.
|5.||This is the way we sweep the floor,
sweep the floor, sweep the floor.
This is the way we sweep the floor,
So early Thursday morning.
|6.||This is the way we scrub the floor,
scrub the floor, scrub the floor.
This is the way we scrub the floor,
So early Friday morning.
|7.||This is the way we bake our bread,
bake our bread, bake our bread.
This is the way we bake our bread,
So early Saturday morning.
|8.||This is the way we go to church,
go to church, go to church.
This is the way we go to church,
So early Sunday morning.