Introducing uncommon intervals: Re/La, Fa\Ti and a
musical refrain which echoes the verse.
- Grade: Third
- Origin: Germany – Folk Tune
- Key: F Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: staves: AaAa – song: AA
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta ta ta | ta ta ti ti |
| ta (ta) ti ti |
- Pitches: intermediate: Ti Do Re Mi Fa So La
- Intervals:intermediate: So\Mi, Fa\Re, Re/La, Fa\T, Do/Mi
- Musical Elements: notes: quarter, eighth; rest: quarter; pickup beat, verse/refrain, vocal slur
- Key Words: world geography, Germany, earth science, seasons, autumn, fall, leaves, fluttering, falling, tree tops, ground, trumpet, whirling, around, tired, huddled, heap, asleep; contraction: they’re (they are)
|1.||Autumn leaves are now falling;
Red and yellow and brown;
Autumn leaves are now falling,
See them fluttering down.
|Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la,
Tra, la, la, la, la, la,
Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la,
Tra, la, la, la, la, la.
|Autumn leaves from the tree tops
Flutter down to the ground,
When the wind blows his trumpet,
They go whirling around.
|3.||Autumn leaves they’re tired,
In a soft huddled heap,
At the foot of the old tree,
Soon will fall fast asleep.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)