Developing an independent voice.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: USA – Singing Game
- Key: F Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: AaAa
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta/a | ti ti ti ti | ta ta |
| ta (ta) |
- Pitches: beginners: Do Re Mi So
- Intervals: beginners: Do/So, So\Re, Mi\Do, reinforces the ascending perfect fifth (P5) Do/So
- Musical Elements: notes: half, quarter, eighth; rest: quarter; call/response, independent singing
- Key Words: who, tapping, window, door, singing alone
- Keyboard: beginner: four finger exercise for right, left, and two hands together
Call:Who’s that tapping at the window?
Who’s that knocking at the door?Response:I am tapping at the window.
I am knocking at the door.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)