Descending variations of La\So\Me\Re,
changing the rhythm to match the lyrics.
- Grade: Second
- Origin: USA – Traditional
- Key: C Major
- Time: 4/4
- Form: AB – verse/chorus
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta ti ti ta ti ti |
| ta ta ta/a | ta ta ta ti ti | ta ti ti ti ti ta |
| ta ti ti ta/a | ta ti ti ta ta |
- Pitches: intermediate: Do Re Mi Fa So La
- Intervals: intermediate: So\Mi, Do/Mi/So ascending tonic arpeggio, Re/So, So\Do, Do/Fa, Fa/La, Re/Fa
- Musical Elements: notes: half, quarter, eighth; tied notes, verse/chorus, changing rhythms to match verse lyrics
- Key Words: Christmas, Santa Clause, seasonal, reindeer, pause, jumps, through, chimney, joys, Saint Nick, stocking, dolly, laughs, cries, shut, glorious, hammer, tacks, whistle, whip, cracks; contraction: wouldn’t (would not); possessive: ones’
|1.||Up on the house-top the reindeer pause,
Out jumps good old Santa Clause;
Down through the chimney with lots of toys,
All for the little ones’ Christmas joys.
|Ho, ho, ho! who wouldn’t go!
Ho, ho, ho! who wouldn’t go!
Up on the house-top, click, click, click,
Down through the chimney with good Saint Nick.
|First comes the stocking of little Neil,
Oh dear Santa, fill it well;
Give her a dolly that laughs and cries,
One that will open and shut her eyes.
|3.||Look in the stocking of little Bill,
Oh, just see what a glorious fill!
Here is a hammer and lots of tacks,
Whistle and a ball and a whip that cracks!
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)