Advanced rhythms using all the pitches of the C Major scale.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: Traditional Rhyme
- Key: C Major
- Form: ABAB
- Rhythm: advanced: | ti/ ri ti ta/ | syncopation,
| ti/ ri ti ti/ ri ti | syncopation, | ti/ ri ti ta ti | syncopation, | ti ti ti ti ti ti |
- Pitches: intermediate: Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do
- Intervals: intermediate: So/Do8\So, Do/So, Do/La, So\Mi
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, dotted eighth, eighth, sixteenth; pickup beat, 6/8 time: eighth note receives one beat, divisions of a dotted quarter note: three eights (3 ti’s), feeling duple meter (2) in 6/8: where three eights would be a triplet if the beat is represented by a dotted quarter
- Key Words: farming, market, fat, pig, home, hog, jog
To market, to market to buy a fat pig.
Home again, home again, jiggety jig,
To market, to market to buy a fat hog,
Home again, home again, jiggety jog.