Mastering the ascending interval So/Do
and descending interval So\Do.
- Grade: Second
- Origin: Italy – Italian Folk Song
- Key: C Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: AABBB
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ti ti ti ti ti ti | ta/ ta ti |
| ta ti ti ti ti | ta/_a ti | ta/ ta/ | ti ti ti ta/ |
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Ti Do Re Mi – adding the 7th (Ti) to a pentatonic scale
- Intervals: intermediate: So/Do, Do\So, Re\So
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; tied notes, pickup beat, horizontal accent (sing/play the note a little louder/stronger), repeat signs (3 times), mastering the ascending and descending perfect fourth (P4) as the dominate to the tonic and the tonic to the dominate
- Key Words: band instruments, drums, trombone, trumpet (add more as you wish), instrument sounds
|We come with our singing and playing,
A-marching down the street.
Now what can the music be saying
To our marching feet?
Hear how the snare drums play rat-ta-ta-tat.
Hear how the trombone plays ta-ta-ta-ta.
Hear how the trumpet plays too-too-too-toot.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)