Introducing 6/8 time and running eighth notes.
This one is just for the girls.
- Grade: First
- Origin: English Folk Song, Traditional
- Key: E Flat Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: ABACDEDC
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta/ ta/ | ti ti ti ti ti ti |
| ta/a ta | ta/a/a | running eighth notes
- Pitches: intermediate: La Do Re Mi Fa So Do – adding Fa to the pentatonic scale
- Intervals: intermediate: So\Mi, Mi/Do, Do\So, Mi\Do, Do/Fa, Fa\Re, Re/So, Do\La, La/Do
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, dotted quarter, quarter, eighth, running eighth notes; refrain/verse, extending the vocal range, D.C. al Fine, Fine
- Key Words: Valentines, courting song, English rhyme song, trinket, matter, tease, promised, ribbons, bonnie brown, flowers, posies, lilies, roses, straw, tie
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)