Syncopation for voice and beginning keyboard.
- Grade: Third
- Origin: USA, England – Game Song
- Key: D Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: AA chorus/verse
- Rhythm: intermediate: syncopation: | ta ti ta ti | ta ti ta/ | ti ti ti ta ti |
- Pitches: beginners: Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: beginners: Do/Fa, Mi\So, Re/Fa
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; syncopation
- Key Words: USA and world geography, USA, England, game song, farming, sowing seeds, oats, peas, beans, barley, erect, ease, stamps, claps, view, lands, water seeds, hoe the weeds, harvest seed
- Keyboard: beginners: five finger exercise for right, left, and two hands together
|Oats, peas, beans and barley grow,
Oats, peas, beans and barley grow,
Do you, or I, or anyone know,
How oats, peas, beans and barley grow?
First the farmer sows his seed,
|Next the farmer waters the seed,
Stands erect and takes his ease,
He stamps his foot and claps his hands,
And turns around to view his lands.
Next the farmer hoes the weeds,
Last the farmer harvests his seed,