Three part round: singing/playing the C major scale,
with an extended range, two octave skips,
and a compound interval (P8+M3=M10).
- Grade: Fifth
- Origin: England – Traditional Scale Round
- Key: C Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: ABC
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta ta ta | ta/a ta | ta/a/a |
| ta ti ti ti ti |
- Pitches: advanced: Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do Re Mi – extended range
- Intervals: advanced: Do/Mi8 (compound – P8+M3=M10th), Mi\Do (M3), Mi8\Mi descending mediant octave skip (P8), Do8\Do descending tonic octave skip (P8), Do/Fa (P4), Fa\Re (m3), Re/Ti(M6)
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, half, quarter, eighth; three part round, singing/playing the C major scale (forwards and backwards), mediant and tonic octave skips, compound interval (M10), vocal slur, hearing and singing harmony
- Key Words: world geography: England; minstrel (medieval/middle ages: bard/poet who traveled singing stories), hatred, malice, destroy, sweetly, drive, harmony, banish, despair, hail, heavenly, sound, pleasure, earth
- Recorder: intermediate: practicing the C Major Scale, forwards and backwards with repeated pitches, two octave skips, and a compound interval P8+M3=M10
|We are merry minstrels soft music we enjoy,
For music does hatred and malice destroy.
|We sing so sweetly, we drive away care,
And with our soft harmony banish despair.
|The, hail, sweet music, hail, hail! heavenly sound,
No pleasure like music on earth can be found.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)