Beginning syncopation with an interval of a minor sixth.
- Grade: Third
- Origin: USA, words: Joe Saunders (stage name: George Leybourne – music: Gaston Lyle
- Key: G Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: ABAC*
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta ta ta | ta/a ti ti | syncopation, | ta ti/ ti | syncopation, | ta/a/a |
- Pitches: beginners: So La Ti Do Re Mi Fa
- Intervals: intermediate: So/Do, Fa\La (m6), La/Re,
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, half, dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; pickup beat, tied notes
- Key Words: ballad, circus acts, through, greatest, ease, daring, trapeze, actions, graceful, stolen away; contraction: he’d (he would)
* Chorus of 19th century popular song.
He’d fly through the air with the greatest of ease.
The daring young man on the flying trapeze,
His actions are graceful, all girls he does please,
And my love he has stolen away.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)