A syncopated singing game fostering the independent voice.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: Jamaica – Children’s Game Song
- Key: C Major
- Time: 4/4
- Form: AB
- Rhythm: intermediate: ti ti ti ti ta ta | ta ti ti ta ta|
| ti ta ti ta/a | syncopation
- Pitches: beginners: Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: beginners: So\Mi, So\Do, Do/Mi, Fa\Re
- Musical Elements: notes: half, quarter, eighth; eighth notes flaged and beemed, syncopation, independent singing, developing the independent voice, singing alone and with others
- Key Words: world geography: Kingston, Jamaican; singing song, game song, gold, ring, hold, again, back, come
- Keyboard: beginners: five finger keyboard exercise for the right, left, and two hands together
Biddy, Biddy, hold on,
While singing: “I go to Kingston,” player places ring/stick in another student’s hand, that student sings, “come back again.” Students guess who has the ring. The correct student becomes the next player.