Syncopation in 6/8 time, feeling duple meter in 6/8 time,
introducing the raised tonic (Di), and a right hand keyboard exercise.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: England – Nursery Rhyme
- Key: F Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: ABCB
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ti ti ti ta ti | syncopation,
| ti ti ti ti ti ti | ta/_a ti | syncopation
- Pitches: advanced: Ti Do Di Re Mi Fa So – raised tonic Di
- Intervals: advanced: Fa\Re, Mi\Do, Do/Fa, Re\Di/Re, Re/So (P4), So\Mi, Re/Fa
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; rest: eighth; tied notes, eighth rest, counting eighth notes, running eighth notes, raised/sharped tonic Di, C#; 6/8 time: eighth note receives one beat, divisions of a dotted quarter note: three eights (3 ti’s), feeling duple meter (2) in 6/8: where three eights would be a triplet if the beat is represented by a dotted quarter
- Key Words: world geography: England; tuffet, curds, whey, spider, frightened
- Keyboard: intermediate: five finger exercise for right hand – index or middle finger crosses over thumb to play the seventh (Ti), playing C#
tuffet – piece of furniture used as a footstool or low seat.
curds – soft, white substance formed when milk sours for making cheese.
whey – the watery part of milk that remains after the formation of curds.