Adding to the beginning Orff interval and transferring vocal skills to the keyboard.
- Grade: First
- Origin: American, US Folk Song
- Key: C Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: AaBa
- Rhythm: beginners: | ti ti ta | ti ti ti ti | ta/a |
- Pitches: beginners: Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: beginners: So\Mi, Fa\Re, Do/Mi/So (tonic arpeggio)
- Musical Elements: notes: half, quarter, eighth
- Key Words: play song, glassy, waves, smoothly, glide, silent, tide, wind, weather, mingled, harmony, sing, float, boat, contraction: o’er (over)
- Keyboard: beginners: perfect five finger exercise for left, right, and two hands together
Lightly row, lightly row, o’er the glassy waves we go,
Smoothly glide, smoothly glide on the silent tide.
Let the wind and weather be mingled with our harmony.
Sing and float, sing and float in our little boat.