Distinguishing between the ascending perfect fifth, Do/So,
and the ascending major sixth, Do/La.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: England – Singing Game
- Key: C Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: ABAC
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta ti ti ti ti | ta/a/a | ta ta ta |
- Pitches: intermediate: Do Re Mi Fa So La
- Intervals: intermediate: Do/So, Do/La, La\DoDo/Fa
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, quarter, eighth; singing an ascending perfect fifth (P5), singing an ascending major sixth (M6)
- Key Words: world geography: England; farming, harvesting, blue, green, king, queen, work, plough, cart, thresh, corn, whilst, lavender, ourselves
- Keyboard: intermediate: five finger exercise for right, left, and two hands together
|Lavender’s Blue, dilly, dilly,
When I am king/queen, dilly, dilly,
You shall be queen/king.
|2.||Call up your men dilly, dilly,
Set them to work,
Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,
Some to the cart.
|Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,
Some to thresh corn,
Whilst you and I, dilly, dilly,
Keep ourselves warm.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)