Each staff ends with a quarter rest. Excellent for combined performance with upper grade recorders.
- Grade: Third
- Origin: USA – Traditional Carol
- Key: G Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: ABAb
- Rhythm: beginners: | ti ti ti ti | ti ti ta | ta (ta) |
- Pitches: beginners: So La Ti Do Re Mi
- Intervals: intermediate: Do/Mi, Mi\La, So/Do, Mi\Do
- Musical Elements: notes: quarter, eighth; rest: quarter
- Key Words: Christmas, holiday songs, Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus, lean, soul, whisper, striking, twelve, asleep, chimney, broad, creep, stockings, hanging, shortest, know, skates, sled, picture book, yellow, blue, red, leave, rest, choose; contractions: don’t (do not), I’m (I am), you’ll (you will), I’ll (I will)
|1.||Jolly old Saint Nicholas,
Lean your ear this way!
Don’t you tell a single soul
What I’m going to say;
Christmas eve is coming soon;
Now, you dear old man,
Whisper what you’ll bring to me,
Tell me if you can.
When the clock is striking twelve,
Johnny wants a pair of skates;