Repeated syncopated rhythm pattern, ascending octave skip, and a descending tonic arpeggio w/7th, make this: the most popular song in the word and a seemingly simple tune, quite a challenge.
- Grade: Second (2)
- Origin: Patty Hill, Mildred J. Hill circa. 1893
- Key: G Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: ABCD
- Rhythm: advanced: | ta/a ti/ ri | syncopation,
| ta ta ti/ ri | syncopation, | ta ta ta |
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Ti Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: advanced: So/Do (P8) ascending octave skip, So/Do (P4), Ti\So, So/Re, Do\So (P4), La/Fa, So\Mi\Do\Ti descending tonic arpeggio w/7th
- Musical Elements: Pick up beat, syncopation, descending tonic arpeggio w/7th, fermata/bird’s eye, repeated syncopation rhythm pattern, ascending octave skip So/So (P8)
- Key Words: Happy Birthday
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear, [NAME],
Happy birthday to you.