Introducing the raised 4th (Fi), challenging intervals, and longer phrases for greater breath support.
- Grade: Second
- Origin: USA – Traditional
- Key: C Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: ABCc
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ti ti ti ti | ti ta ti | syncopation, |ta/ ti | ti ri ti ri ti ti |
- Pitches: advanced: Ti Do Re Mi Fa Fi So La – introducing the raised 4th (Fi)
- Intervals: advanced: Do/Mi, Mi\Do, Ti/Re, Re/Fa, Fa\Ti, Fa\Re, Do/So, So\Mi\Do descending tonic arpeggio, Re/So, So\Mi, Mi/So
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth, sixteenth; pickup beat
- Key Words: earth science, movement of the sun, movements of the moon, stars, sunshine, shined, ceased, playing, staying, East, waken, birds and bees
|Good morning, merry sunshine,
How did you wake so soon?
You’ve scared the little stars away,
And shined away the moon;
I saw you go to sleep last night,
Before I ceased my playing,
How did you get way over here,
And where have you been staying.
|I never go to sleep dear,
I just go ’round to see
My little children of the East,
Who rise to watch for me.
I waken all the birds and bees,
And flowers on my way.
Then last of all the little child
Who stayed out late to play.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)