Melody of the verses is centered around the dominate (So)
resolving to the tonic (Do) in the refrain.
- Grade: Fourth
- Origin: 17 Century Cradle Song
- Key: A Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: AB, verse/refrain
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta ta ta | ta/a ta | ta/a/a |
| ta ta/a |
- Pitches: intermediate: Mi Fa So La Ti Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: advanced: So\Mi, So/Mi8, Do\La, Ti\So, Do/Mi8, Mi8\La, La/Re, Re\So, So/Ti, Do\So, So/Re\So, Re\La
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, half, quarter; rest: quarter; tied notes, vocal slurs
- Key Words: lullaby, cradle song, slumbers, kiss your eyes, smiles, await, rise, sleep, loved one, cry, sing, cares, mother, safe watch, keep
|1.||Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
Smiles await you when you rise.
|Sleep, pretty loved one, do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby,
Lullaby, lullaby, lullaby.
|Cares you know not, go to sleep,
Mother here safe watch will keep.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)