Advanced intervals and the introduction of the raised fifth (Si)
will challenge for you best readers.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: England – 16th-century Nursery Rhyme
- Key: C Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: ABbB
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta ti ta ti | ta ti ta/ |
| ta ti ta (ti) | ti ti ti ta/ |
- Pitches: advanced: Ti Do Re Mi Fa So Si La
- Intervals: advanced: Mi/So, Fa/La, La\Re, So\Do, Do/Mi, Re/Fa, Fa\Ti, Ti/Re, La\Si, Si/Ti, So/Do, Do\Mi
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; rest: eighth; raised 5th (Si), uncommon intervals; 6/8 time: eighth note receives one beat, divisions of a dotted quarter note: three eights (3 ti’s)
- Key Words : world geography: England; pudding, pie, kissed, girls, cry, boys, plays
The lyrics to “Georgie Porgie” are thought to refer to the courtier to King James I, George Villiers, 1st Duke of Buckingham (1592-1628).