Introducing a dotted quarter in 6/8; ritardando and fermata,
with a new interval So\Re.
- Grade: First
- Origin: French Folk Song (French Cradle Song)
- Key: G Major
- Time: 6/8
- Form: AaBbAa
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta ti ta ti | ti ti ti ta ti |
| ti ti ti ta/ | ti ti ti ti ti ti |
- Pitches: beginners: Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: beginners: Mi\Do, So\Re
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; ritardando, fermata
- Key Words: lullaby, France, sleep, brother, mother, tenderly, evening, Pierrot (a stock comic character of old French pantomime usually having a whitened face and wearing loose white clothes)
- Keyboard: intermediate: excellent five finger exercise for left/right and two hands at the same time.
- Recorder: intermediate: wonderful exercise for mastering left hand pitches, following the color coded Beginning Recorder Songs.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)