Ascending and descending tonic arpeggios (I, F)
and a descending submediant arpeggio (vi, Dm).
- Grade: Fifth
- Origin: USA – Harry Dacre, 1892
- Key: F Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: through composed
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta/a/a | ta ta ta | ta/a ta |
| ta/a/a_|_a/a/a | ta/a/a_|_a/a ta | ta (ta) ti ti | (_=tie)
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Ti Do Re Mi Fa So
- Intervals: intermediate: So8\Mi\Do\So descending tonic arpeggio (I, F), Do\La/Do (m3), Do\So (P4), So/Re (P5), Re/So8 (P4), Mi\Do\La descending submediant arpeggio (vi Dm), So/Do/Mi repeated ascending tonic arpeggio (I, F), So/Do (P4)
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, half, quarter, eighth; rest: quarter; tied notes
- Key Words: USA – history, American Popular Songs, asking for marriage, love song, stylish, carriage, built, bicycle built for two, seat; contractions: I’m (I am) won’t (will not), can’t (cannot), you’d (you would)
– The song is best known for the chorus, represented here.