Introducing half beats with eighth note divisions.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: England – Nursery Rhyme
- Key: Non-Pitched
- Time: 2/4
- Form: by staff: AAAAAA – by phrase: AAA
- Rhythm: beginners: | ti ti ta | ti ti ti ti |
- Pitches: none
- Intervals: none
- Musical Elements: notes: quarter, eighth; eighth note divisions, form by line; by phrase
- Key Words: world geography: England; time of day, rhyming words, cobbler, shoe, half, two, eight, stitch, up, down, crown (money)
Cobbler, cobbler, mend my shoe.
Get it done by half past two
Half past two is much too late!
Get it done by half past eight.
Stitch it up, and stitch it down,
And I’ll give you half a crown.