Times and Seasons
Singing the sounds of a chiming clock with marcatos.
- Grade: First
- Origin: Emilie Poulsson, Eleanor Smith
- Key: A Flat Major
- Time: 3/4
- Form: ABABAB
- Rhythm: intermediate: | (ta) ta ta | ta/a/a
| ta ta/a | ta ta ta |
- Pitches: beginners: So Do Re Mi
- Intervals: intermediate: So/Mi, Do\So, So/Do, Mi\Do, Re\Do, So/Re
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, quarter; rests: quarter; tempo: lento/slowly, moderato/moderate; vertical accent mark (housetop)
- Key Words: vocal sounds for clock chimes, telling time, quarter hour, half hour, chime, half past, fled, tow’r (tower)
The Vertical Accent: Marcato – also called the “housetop” means that you have to be play a certain note MORE FORCEFULLY and usually SHORTER then the horizontal accent.
Ding, ding, ding!
Ding, ding, ding, ding!
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!
Ding , ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!