Reinforcing the ascending tonic triad while adding sounds to music.
- Grade: Kindergarten
- Origin: USA – Play Song
- Key: G Major
- Time: 4/4
- Form: ABAC
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ti ti ti ti ta ta | ta/a ta/ ti |
- Pitches: intermediate: So Ti Do Re Mi So
- Intervals: intermediate: So/Do, Do/So, Re\Ti, Ti\So, Re\So, reinforces tonic pitches: So\Mi\Do
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted half, half, quarter, eighth; rest: quarter; pickup beat, tonic triad pitches
- Key Words: bus, up, down, people, town, wheels, horn, wipers, signals, motor, babies, parents
|The people on the bus go up and down,
Up and down, up and down.
The people on the bus go up and down,
All through the town.
|2.||The wheels…go round and round….|
|3.||The horn…goes beep, beep, beep…|
|4.||The wipers…go swish, swish, swish…|
|5.||The signals…go blink, blink, blink…|
|6.||The motor…goes zoom, zoom, zoom…|
|7.||The babies…go waa, waa, waa…|
|8.||The parents…go shh, shh, shh…|
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)