Easy intervals and words help to introduce complex rhythms with syncopation.
- Grade: First
- Origin: American Jump Rope Song/Rhyme
- Key: E Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: Through Composed
- Rhythm: advanced: | ta ta | ti ti ta | ti ti ti ti |
| ti ri ti ri | ta ti ri (ti) | ta ti (ri) ri | ta ti ri (ri) ri |
| ti ri (ri) ri ti ri (ri) ri | ti ri (ri) ri ti ti |
- Pitches: beginners: Mi So
- Intervals: beginners: So\Mi, Mi/So
- Musical Elements: notes: quarter, eighth, sixteenth; rests: eighth, sixteenth; running sixteenth notes, syncopation, beginning Orff interval
- Key Words: months of the year, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December, cockle shells
Bluebells, cockle shells, eevy, ivy overhead.
My mother said that I was born in
January, February, March, April,
May, June, July, August,
April, May, June, July,
August, October, November, December.