Excellent for practicing an open ‘ee’ vowel.
- Grade: First
- Origin: American Playground Song
- Key: C Major
- Time: 4/4
- Form: ABAC
- Rhythm: beginners: | ta ta ta ti ti | ti ti ti ti ta ta |
- Pitches: beginners: Mi So La Ti Do
- Intervals: intermediate: So/Do, Do\So, So\Mi, Mi/So, Ti\So, So/Ti – intervals always return to the beginning pitch
- Musical Elements: notes: quarter, eighth; pickup beat
- Key Words: sailor, sea, deep, blue, bottom homonyms: sea, see; too, two
A sailor went to sea, sea, sea,
To see what he could see, see, see,
And all that he could see, see, see,
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea.
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)