Challenging rhythms and intervals for Christmas or Easter.
- Grade: First
- Origin: African American Spiritual
- Key: G Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: Verse: AAAB – Refrain: ABAC
- Rhythm: intermediate: | ta ti ti | ti ta (ti) |
| ti ti ti ti | ti ta ti ri | ta/ ti |
- Pitches: intermediate: So La Do Re Mi So
- Intervals: intermediate: La/Do, Do\So, Do/Mi, Re\So, Mi/So, So\Mi, Mi\Do, So/Do
- Musical Elements: notes: half, dotted quarter, quarter, eighth, sixteenth; rests: quarter, eighth; pickup beat, tied notes, reinforces tonic tried (Do-Mi-So)
- Key Words: sacred, counting to ten, counting backwards from ten, Christmas, Easter, angels, band, Sunday, morning, Sunday Morning; contraction: wasn’t (was not)
|1.||There was one, there were two,
There were three little angels
There were four, there were five,
There were six little angels
There were seven, there were eight,
There were nine little angels
Ten little angels in the band.
|Wasn’t that a band, Sunday* morning,
Sunday morning, Sunday morning?
Wasn’t that a band, Sunday morning,
Sunday morning soon?
|There were ten, there were nine,
There were eight little angels
There were seven, there were six,
There were five little angels
There were four, there were three,
There were two little angels
One little angel in the band.
|* Christmas or Easter may be substituted for Sunday.|
Additional Formats (click to enlarge)