- Grade: Fourth
- Origin: USA – Traditional
- Key: C Major
- Time: 4/4
- Form: staves: ABABaBaB – phrases: AAaa – song: Aa
- Rhythm: beginners: | ti ti ta ta ta | ti ti ti ti ta ti ti | ta ta ta ta | ta/a ta ti ti | ta ta ta/a |
- Pitches: beginners: do re mi fa so la do
- Intervals: intermediate: re/so, do/mi, fa\re, so\mi mi/do8
- Musical Elements: notes: half, quarter, eighth; verse/refrain, stepping down the staff do8-re, each phrase begins on the third (mi), or dominate (so), always ending with the repeated tonic (do, do, do)
- Key Words: USA history, boating rules, boating signals, nautical words, boat captain, ship captain, wishing song, starboard (right), port, left, sail the ocean blue, treasures, river barge, pirates, brave, bold; abbreviation: flick’ring (flickering), what will you be when you grow up?
- Recorder: intermediate: Excellent for students who have completed the Beginning Recorder Songs.
Selecting All Formats includes:
Individual Song Formats; music, beats, rhythm, pitch numbers, solfeggio, letter names, text
Scrolling Song Formats
Song Description: grade, origin, key, time, form, difficulty levels for rhythm, pitches, intervals; musical elements, key words, song lyrics
MP3 audio of melody (accompaniment where available)