- Grade: First
- Origin: USA – African American Folk Song
- Key: D Major
- Time: 2/4
- Form: ABC
- Rhythm: advanced: ta_|_ ti ti ti | syncopation,
| ta/ ti_|_ ti ti ti | syncopation, | ti ti ti ti | ti ta/ | syncopation, | ta ta | ti ti (ta) |
- Pitches: advanced: la do re me mi so la te so – extended range
- Intervals: advanced: do\so, la\mi, mi/so, la/te,
te\so, la\do, do/me, me/so\me, do\la/do, me\do
- Musical Elements: notes: dotted quarter, quarter, eighth; pickup beat, tied notes, natural/lowered 3rd (me), natural/lowered seventh (te), syncopation, advanced intervals
- Key Words: USA history, African American history, uncle, relatives, riding, through, horse and buggy, shake, jump rope song; abbreviations: ‘long (along); colloquialism: g’wan (go on)
Selecting All Formats includes:
Individual Song Formats; music, beats, rhythm, pitch numbers, solfeggio, letter names, text.
Scrolling Song Formats page.
Song Description: grade, origin, key, time, form, difficulty levels for rhythm, pitches, intervals; musical elements, key words, song lyrics, where available; keyboard and recorder.
MP3 audio of melody (accompaniment where available)